VACSAL has recently added CHC42015 - Certificate IV in Community Services onto our scope of registration for delivery in 2018.
In order to meet the community needs VACSAL has formed a partnership with E-Focus in 2017 to deliver:
· CHC42015 Certificate IV in Community Services
Please do not hesitate to contact Melinda Eason on 9416 4266 if you require further information.
Courses - Certificate IV in Community Services Work CHC42015
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding.
What is the course about?
The course has 7 core units and 8 elective units. You will gain knowledge and learn about:
- Working with cultural integrity
- Working with others
- Identifing and responding to client needs
- Working safely and effectively with others
- Working with the community
- Working professionally
|Course Code CHC42015||CERTIFICATE IV in Community Services Work||Hrs|
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Nominal hours|
|CHCADV001||Facilitate the interests and rights of clients||100|
|CHCCCS004||Assess co-existing needs||80|
|CHCCOM002||Use communication to build relationships||55|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people||40|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically||55|
|CHCPRP001||Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships||80|
|HLTWHS003||Maintain work health safety||40|
|CHCAOD001||Work in alcohol and other drugs context||80|
|CHCDFV001||Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence||50|
|CHCCDE003||Work within a community development framework||65|
|CHCCSM005||Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management||75|
|CHCMHS001||Work with people with mental health issues||80|
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural safety||25|
|CHCGRP001||Support group activities||30|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice||120|
How is this course being delivered?
- Workshops 1 day a week for 40 weeks at the VACSAL in Northcote
- Supervised tutorials 1 day a week for 40 weeks at VACSAL in Northcote
- Group learning, yarning, excursions and guest speakers
- Catch up sessions and learning support
How is this course being assessed?
- Assessment activities during workshop sessions
- Individual and group presentations
- Workplace based assessment
- Lots of support to complete learning and assessment tasks
Am I eligible?
- You should be 18 years or older
- You need to be working, or want to work, in the community services sector. If you do not have a job at the moment our staff will help you find a volunteer work placement.
- You need to be able to read and write and do some basic maths. One of our staff will talk about this with you.
- You do not have to be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person to enrol in this course.
How will I be selected?
- When you contact someone at VACSAL RTO they will talk to you about whether you are eligible to do the course and whether there are places available