VACSAL will not be delivering the following accredited courses in 2017 due to them being superseded by new qualifications:
· CHC40708 - Certificate IV in Community Services Work
· CHC30112 - Certificate III in Community Services Work
These two courses are accredited qualifications and on our current scope of registration. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
VACSAL is currently working to add the CHC42015 - Certificate IV in Community Services onto our scope of registration for delivery in 2018.
In order to meet the community needs VACSAL has formed a partnership with E-Focus in 2017 to deliver the following three courses:
· CHC42015 Certificate IV in Community Services
· CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
· CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
Please do not hesitate to contact Melinda Eason on 9416 4266 if you require further information.
Courses - Certificate IV in Community Services Work CHC40708
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding.
What is the course about?
The course has 9 core units and 5 elective units. You will gain knowledge and learn about:
- Working in an office environment
- Working with cultural integrity
- Working with others
- Working in the community services sector
- Working professionally
|Course Code CHC40708||CERTIFICATE IV in Community Services Work||Hrs|
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Nominal hours|
|CHCCD412B||Work within a community development framework||65|
|CHCPRT001||Identify and respond to children and young people at risk||30|
|CHCCOM403A||Use targeted communication skills to build relationships||55|
|CHCCS400C||Work within a relevant legal and ethical framework||50|
|CHCCS411C||Work effectively in the community sector||40|
|CHCCS412E||Deliver and develop client services||50|
|CHCCS422B||Respond holistically to client issues and refer appropriately||75|
|CHCORG405E||Maintain an effective work environment||50|
|HLTHIR403C||Work effectively with culturally diverse clients and co-workers||20|
|HLTHIR404D||Work effectively with Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people||20|
|HLTWHS300A||Contribute to WHS processes||20|
|CHCCM402E||Establish and monitor a case plan||50|
|CHCGROUP403D||Plan and conduct group activities||50|
Reflect on and improve own professional practice
How is this course being delivered?
- Workshops 1 day a week for 30 weeks at the VACSAL in Northcote
- Group learning, yarning, excursions and guest speakers
- Catch up sessions and learning support
How is this course being assessed?
- Assessment activities during workshop sessions
- Individual and group presentations
- Workplace based assessment
- Lots of support to complete learning and assessment tasks
Am I eligible?
- You should be 18 years or older
- You need to be working, or want to work, in the community services sector. If you do not have a job at the moment our staff will help you find a volunteer work placement.
- You need to be able to read and write and do some basic maths. One of our staff will talk about this with you.
- You do not have to be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person to enrol in this course.
How will I be selected?
- When you contact someone at VACSAL RTO they will talk to you about whether you are eligible to do the course and whether there are places available