Certificate IV in Community Services CHC42015
Speak to us about our NO FEES option. We have a very simple fee waiver process.
This training is delivered with Victorian and Commonwealth Government Funding.
What is the course about?
The course has 7 core units and 8 elective units. You will gain knowledge and learn about:
- Working with cultural integrity
- Working with others
- Identifing and responding to client needs
- Working safely and effectively with others
- Working with the community
- Working professionally
|Course Code CHC42015||CERTIFICATE IV in Community Services Work||Hrs|
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Nominal hours|
|CHCADV001||Facilitate the interests and rights of clients||100|
|CHCCCS004||Assess co-existing needs||80|
|CHCCOM002||Use communication to build relationships||55|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people||40|
|CHCLEG001||Work legally and ethically||55|
|CHCPRP001||Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships||80|
|HLTWHS003||Maintain work health safety||40|
|CHCAOD001||Work in alcohol and other drugs context||80|
|CHCDFV001||Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence||50|
|CHCCDE003||Work within a community development framework||65|
|CHCCSM005||Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management||75|
|CHCMHS001||Work with people with mental health issues||80|
|CHCDIV002||Promote Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural safety||25|
|CHCGRP001||Support group activities||30|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice||120|
How is this course being delivered?
- Workshops 1 day a week for 40 weeks at the VACSAL in Northcote
- Supervised tutorials 1 day a week for 40 weeks at VACSAL in Northcote
- Group learning, yarning, excursions and guest speakers
- Catch up sessions and learning support
How is this course being assessed?
- Assessment activities during workshop sessions
- Individual and group presentations
- Workplace based assessment
- Lots of support to complete learning and assessment tasks
How much of my time will this course take?
- The course is for 1 year (February to December).
- Each workshop and supervised tutorial is 9.30 am to 4.00 pm.
- Each week you will need to spend about 2-3 hours in private study and completing your assessments.
- If you are not working in Community Services you are expected to complete 240 hours of voluntary work placement sector. This supports you to be work ready.
Will this course be good for my career?
The Certificate IV in Community Services will support you to:
- Build skills to work in the community services sector.
- Provide a pathway for further study, for example the Diploma in Community Services.
Great for heaps of community services jobs such as:
- Support worker
- Case worker
- Client contact officer
- Community development officer.
Am I eligible?
- You should be 18 years or older
- You need to be working, or want to work, in the community services sector. If you do not have a job at the moment our staff will help you find a volunteer work placement.
- You need to be able to read and write and do some basic maths. One of our staff will talk about this with you.
- You do not have to be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person to enrol in this course.
How will I be selected?
- When you contact someone at VACSAL RTO they will talk to you about whether you are eligible to do the course and whether there are places available
Download our student handbook [DOWNLOADABLE PDF]